Aims and Scopes:
IJBC tries to provide a new opportunity for advancing the field of Hematology and Oncology in Iran and make a bridge between Iranian researchers and fellow scientists globally.
This journal is published in print and online and includes high quality manuscripts including basic and clinical investigations of blood disorders and malignant diseases namely: diagnosis, treatment, epidemiology, etiology, biology and molecular aspects as well as clinical genetics of these diseases, as they affect children, adolescents and adults. “IJBC” also includes the studies on transfusion medicine, hematopoietic stem cell transplantation, immunology, genetics and gene-therapy and accepts original papers, systematic reviews, case reports, brief reports and letters to the editor in all aspects of blood transfusion, blood donors recruitment, screening techniques, modern approaches to transfusion, whole blood and blood components applications.
We also cover subjects related to cancer including:
• Risk factors: life style, gene – environment interactions, molecular triggers, and strategies for reducing the risk.
• Public health issues: epidemiology, cost-effectiveness of procedures, health technology assessment, cancer registry, social determinants of health, health needs, quality of life measurements, public and professional education, and cancer control programs.
• Cancer diagnosis and prognosis: normal and abnormal hematopoiesis, benign and malignant tumors, molecular markers; diagnostic imaging; defining tumor margins; detecting minimal residual disease.
• New approaches to cancer therapy: rational drug design, gene therapy, immunotherapy, combination therapy, drug resistance, targeting therapies to the individuals, and alternative/complimentary medicine.
• Experimental systems and techniques: cell culture and animal models, genomic and proteomic approaches to studying cancer, cell proliferation and differentiation, apoptosis and molecular aspects of cytokines.
• Cancer-associated conditions: pain, cachexia, symptoms associated with treatment (hair loss, anemia, gastrointestinal disorders), psychosocial aspects of cancer.
• Ethical and legal issues surrounding cancer research: trial design, genetic screening, communicating with patients and families, death issues, research policy and advocacy.
We also cover articles regarding the history of contemporary medicine in Iran: Manuscripts narrating the history of modern medicine in Iran, the outstanding scientists’ contribution to its progress, and the improvement of our health-care system over the past decades are important to us and are welcome.
All the articles in IJBC are according to the opinions of the authors and are not of the opinions of “The Iranian Pediatric Hematology and Oncology Society”. The advertisements in the journal do not reveal a warranty, endorsement or approval of any products or services described in IJBC. “The Iranian Pediatric Hematology and Oncology Society” disclaim responsibility for any injury or property resulting from any ideas or products referred to in the articles or advertisements.